This is my thinking spot, soap box, scrapbook and journal. I used to create a snail-mail newsletter of the same name that I sent to friends and family a few times a year. The name, for my English readers, is the Afrikaans word for the Marguerite daisy...and also a word play on my first name. I hope you will linger a while and that you will find my musings edifying and inspirational. You are welcome.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Vintage Lace Scarves

My youngest sister, Talitha, is a very talented jewellery designer. She also loves beautiful accessories and a few days ago got her pretty little hands on a consignment of the most exquisite victorian lace scarves! Since she doesn't have any exhibitions planned for this month, we decided to sell them via word of mouth, and I offered my blog as a shop window.

Didn't quite plan on modelling, too, but our other sister Andrea (the pretty one) was unavailible due to her job at Thelema wine farm just outside Stellenbosch. Sanel, the fourth installment of our sisterly quartet, is a stylist par excellence, but lives upcountry and is currently on holiday anyway, so Talitha and I had to pool our resources to produce photos of her products. It may not quite be Vogue material, but we had a lot of fun!




                                Sequenced Scarf (code 62) R240-00        Code 369 - R320-00
These are a just sample of the different designs availible. If you are interested in receiving an e-mail with all the designs, e-mail me at joyfulmama@telkomsa.net . If you would like to place an order, be sure to mention the item code and price. For those of you living in the Northern Cape Town suburbs, we'll deliver! For orders from other parts of the country, we will calculate the postage and send you a quote before mailing it to you. Oh and PS: the earrings I'm wearing on these pictures are all designed by Talitha!



                Pink crochet (Code 199) R240-00    Grey shawl (Code 806) R320-00                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails