This is my thinking spot, soap box, scrapbook and journal. I used to create a snail-mail newsletter of the same name that I sent to friends and family a few times a year. The name, for my English readers, is the Afrikaans word for the Marguerite daisy...and also a word play on my first name. I hope you will linger a while and that you will find my musings edifying and inspirational. You are welcome.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Welcome!

I am thrilled to be online and so grateful for the lovely computer that Mike bought me as a New Year's gift! It took a while to get connected, but eversince we did, I am spending every free minute (those are few and far apart around here) catching up on technology. I'm just finding my feet with blogging and hope you will bear with me as I learn more and try out new things.

The reason why I chose to continue the Magrietjie in this format is, firtsly, beacuse it allows me to publish much more frequently, and at no cost (the paper, photo's, postage etc all added up in the end!), and secondly beacuse I can reach more people this way: since each edition of the hard-copy version was handmade, it took forever to make fifteen of them, and inevitably the mailing list kept growing as new friends were made.

I will also be publishing this blog in English as it will allow me to keep in touch with overseas friends and family too (remember that the other half of this outfit is Australian!). I hope this doesn't affect the enjoyment of those of you who got to know and love the Afrikaans version.

Well..at the risk of sounding terribly corny: I will keep you posted!

Love,

Grietjie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails